Protect with QuitGuard
The QuitGuard is a barrier between teeth and your inner cheek lining.
- Use at times when you’re likely to nibble.
- Always have it handy, carry it with you and use it when you have the biting urge.
- Remember QuitGuard can’t protect you in its case – so get it out.
Puff your Cheeks Out
Here’s the Puff technique:
- Close your mouth
- Slightly puff your cheeks out – creating a small air gap between your inner cheeks and teeth
- This gap stops any rubbing or abrasion, allowing your cheeks to heal
- Breathe normally through your nose, but with slightly inflated cheeks
- Experiment in the mirror to determine the minimum amount of air gap needed to look normal and natural
The Cheek Puff allows your mouth skin to heal quickly, by preventing irritations or unwanted rubbing from your teeth.
Park your Tongue
Here’s the Park technique:
- Flatten your tongue up against the roof of your mouth
- Apply a little pressure at the back of your tongue
- Continue to breathe normally
- You may notice a calming sensation in your tongue as it no longer has to do any ‘work’
- Your tongue should not touch your front teeth and barely touch your lower teeth
- Avoid having a floppy or loose tongue; always keep it parked on the roof of your mouth
This technique is especially useful when you’re unable to wear your QuitGuard.